Drunk Elephant is a brand with the worthy attention-getting name referring to the mythical effect of the marula fruit on its happy snackers, the elephants. The story holds that the elephants actually get a little tipsy on the marula nuts they eat in the wild. But we have found so many more uses for this amazing nut in skincare that’s it now famous for new reasons, and the oil is the cornerstone ingredient in many of the super-addicting Drunk Elephant products.
One of those products is a serious spike to any skincare you are currently using is the line’s C-Firma Day Serum. I have started using it under my current regimen and first thing in the morning, it’s like getting a little facial before I moisturize, prime, and apply makeup. It’s a potent broth of 15% Vitamin C concentration with the benefits of Ferulic Acid and Vitamin E in as well. Check out all the rest of the star ingredients in this power-packed formula:
- Pumpkin Ferment Extract and Pomegranate Enzyme
- Grape Juice
- Licorice Root Extract
- Indian Gooseberry – for antioxidant action
- Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer- to fill and promote collagen
- Chronocyclin – a peptide that prevents aging from sun exposure
- Virgin Marula Oil, of course – hydrating and densifying with omegas 6 & 9 plus antioxidants
Please weigh in on your favorite Drunk Elephant products!